McDonald’s In Waterford Destroyed by Fire – LeMay Page 2/Wessel Page 18

WATERFORD - An early morning fire broke out on Saturday at The McDonald’s on Saratoga Ave in Waterford. The 911 call came in at approximately 3:20 am from the McDonald’s employee. Four employees were in the store at the time working and a patron at the drive through. All employees were able to exit the building and no injuries were reported. The fire is believed to have stared in the fryers and extended into the ventilation system. Store owner Roger Grout stated “the fire suppression system was successfully discharged but did not reach the source of the flames do to the fact that the flames had made their way into the ventilation system.” Four local fire departments fought the early morning blaze.

The entire article is in the Dec. 12 issue of the Express